Young girl wearing a fire fighter suit and smiling at the camera.
Group of SAAVI kids eating lunch and having fun.
Three young girls posing outside.
Young, blind girl being assisted walking down a sidewalk
Three friends eating lunch outside of a deli.
Group of kids taking a martial arts class
Group of friends enjoying a pizza in a park.
Group of friends hanging out at the fair.
Girls posing in front of a giant Christmas tree in the mall.
William Arthur Ward
Welcome to the SAAVI Youth Services page! SAAVI Youth Services are designed for blind children, youth and young adults throughout the United States. Our programs offer unlimited opportunities such as…
- Learning practical skills
- Realizing the potential of each student
- Encouraging independence
- Travelling technique training and safe travel
- Becoming proactive in the blind and local community
- Working with blind role models and striving to become one
So, for our younger readers, what does all of that mean?? It means that you could…
- Learn how to make an after school snack by yourself for you and your friends
- Talk with other blind kids about any trouble that you are having and figure out how to fix them together
- Learn how to cross the road safely or learn how to use your cane in busy places like the movies or the mall
- Learn how to connect with friends on Facebook or Twitter
- Take part in sports like beep base ball or goal ball.
We have a great design team for our youth programs that treat each student as an individual with different needs and wants from SAAVI. To learn more about the individualized programs please follow the links for Ready Set Go Youth; Ready Set Go Summer Camp; and Steppin Out.